[Ti] [OT] Quark on OSX(Classic)

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Feb 21 07:03:39 PST 2003

On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 02:55  pm, Bill Reburn wrote:

> On 2/21/03 1:16 AM, "Tarik Bilgin" <tarik at opalblue.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 11:54  pm, Paul Russell wrote:
>>>>

>>> Most of their work is producing a newspaper using Quark XPress. I
>>> don't think it's even the latest version of XPress so it may be risky
>>> to try running this under Classic emulation.
>>
>> The classic environment is a lot better than it was in earlier
>> versions
>> of OSX.
>>
>> If the software runs on 9.2, it'll most likely run in the Classic
>> environment under 10.2
>> --
>> Tarik
>
> It does run better BUT - no all serious Quark users out there have
> made the
> switch to OSX. There ARE still problems.
>
> If you run Quark - stay with OS9. No if's and's or but's.

We've just started moving people to new hardware (new G4's) in my
office, the first of whom are graphic designers that love Quark (don't
we all!).

For any machines that can run OS9 as well as OSX I'm doing dual boot
installations so that we can test the Quark peformance/issues in
Classic.

Got any Quark/OSX gotchas you care to share Bill?

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com