17 Inch Shipping: What I was told today 2/21

David Ferleger david at ferleger.com
Fri Feb 21 09:19:10 PST 2003

Interesting information, perhaps:

I ordered the 17" Powerbook AL on Jan 8 just after the Keynote
announcement.
Website of Apple Store has said for a while MARCH 8 for ship date.

Today, Apple Store Status person told me:
"earliest it can ship out is February 27 and latest is March 20."
When I asked, he said this was based on real world, not arithmetic from
announcement date.

He said that the 17" PB is not yet shipping.
When asked, he said he had not heard of any overall hold up on
production or shipping,
and that "we are committed to meet those dates" he gave me.

This is different, of course, than the reported production delays on
various websites.

We'll see, I suppose.
(I have been surprised in the past that Apple has come through with
promised dates)

David Ferleger

David Ferleger, Esq.
10 Presidential Blvd, Suite 115
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
610-668-2221    610-668-3889 fax

http://www.ferleger.com
Web Site for Legal, Disability & Jewish Links / Come visit!
email  mailto:david at ferleger.com