[Ti] [OT] Quark on OSX(Classic)

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Feb 21 09:22:50 PST 2003

On Friday, February 21, 2003, at 05:05  pm, John Pariseau wrote:

> Ok, if you setup your HP via an IP (like, 192.160.0.0), it may need
> special instructions to process your print job. The Queue field in
> "Desktop Printer Utility" will ask for an IP, and then a Queue. Not
> all printers require a Queue.
>
> If you are using AppleTalk, this should not be an issue*.
>
>>> If you are printing via LPR, you may need to use the queue BINPS
>>
>> LPR? BINPS? ok you lost me here :)

I was printing over Appletalk -- which is what all my Mac OS 9 cousins
in the office use for printing to that printer.

Asking a few people I found that every Mac OS X  installation can't
print to the printer.

I decided to give your printing over IP method a shot -- and it worked!

how odd...

--
Tarik