[Ti] [OT] Quark on OSX(Classic)

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 21 09:29:14 PST 2003

According to Tarik Bilgin:

>For any machines that can run OS9 as well as OSX I'm doing dual boot
>installations so that we can test the Quark peformance/issues in
>Classic.
>
>Got any Quark/OSX gotchas you care to share Bill?
>
>--

In time you'll see serious 'screen-redraw' issues popping up while
running Quark in 'Classic' mode:

The main one being disappearing text lines, and 'boxes', during
scrolling. Also, it's fascinating to see a gray-scale doc taking on a
rust-colored 'vertical streaking' while scrolling. [A streaking which
remains when the screen is stationary]. Slow reaction, on the part of
the App/OS to 'mouse-downs'.

Of course these problems are intermittent [always the 'best' kind,
no?]. And, over here, running latest 5.0.x release of Quark XPress
Passport, we get the occasional crash [although nothing like running
Quark 4.0.1 in OS 9].

If there is anything remotely resembling a 'deadline' in your
work...stick with booting into OS 9.2. By the way, anyone who pays
for the 4.1-->5.0 Quark upgrade, now, gets a 'free' upgrade to 6.0.

~flipper