[Ti] New Dazzle 4 in 1 doesn't seem to play nice...

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat Feb 22 21:58:32 PST 2003

At 8:28 PM -0800 2/22/03, Jim Soriano wrote:
>Sure, doesn't everyone have this icon when a PC storage card is plugged in (since original Jaguar release, at least?)  It's a 2D icon of a PCMCIA card top view that's on the right side of the menu bar -- on my PB the icons' order right to left is PC Card, modem, Bluetooth, iChat, Airport Strength, Sound Level, Clock.  When I put in a CompactFlash card (and adapter) the icon pops up and it's associated pull-down menu lists (in dim gray) "SunDisk", "SDP", then (in black) "Power off Card".  If one selects the latter then I assume the system is ready for the user to eject the card gracefully.

Wow. I never noticed that icon in the menu bar when I inserted camera cards. It's even a fairly useful menu, allowing a card to be powered off. I'm scratching my head as to how long it's been here.

My menu bar order is somewhat different from yours, with the PC Card icon toward the left for myself.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)