[Ti] New Dazzle 4 in 1 doesn't seem to play nice...

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Sat Feb 22 22:44:15 PST 2003

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 12:58 AM, Steve Wozniak wrote:

> At 8:28 PM -0800 2/22/03, Jim Soriano wrote:
>> Sure, doesn't everyone have this icon when a PC storage card is
>> plugged in (since original Jaguar release, at least?)  It's a 2D icon
>> of a PCMCIA card top view that's on the right side of the menu bar --
>> on my PB the icons' order right to left is PC Card, modem, Bluetooth,
>> iChat, Airport Strength, Sound Level, Clock.  When I put in a
>> CompactFlash card (and adapter) the icon pops up and it's associated
>> pull-down menu lists (in dim gray) "SunDisk", "SDP", then (in black)
>> "Power off Card".  If one selects the latter then I assume the system
>> is ready for the user to eject the card gracefully.
>
> Wow. I never noticed that icon in the menu bar when I inserted camera
> cards. It's even a fairly useful menu, allowing a card to be powered
> off. I'm scratching my head as to how long it's been here.

I can never get the power off to work.  In fact, I just tried again and
here's the error message I get:

"The device you removed was not properly put away. Data might have been
lost or damaged. Before disconnecting a device, you should select its
icon in the Finder and choose Eject from the File menu."

The icon disappears from both the menu and desktop, so I eject it.  I
never can tell if data has been "lost or damaged" because I have the
option set to delete images from camera when using Image Capture to
download the files.

It's a Microtech CF+II PC Card Adapter and I plug in a 340 MB IBM
Microdrive.

-Steve