[Ti] Safari Tabs

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 08:11:40 PST 2003

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 08:33  AM, Loren Schooley wrote:
> How did I find out? When you hover over a link, Safari shows you what
> it
> would do if you clicked that link in the status bar. Very convenient.

Not to mention you have an early beta of Safari that the masses can't
get yet, I assume.  Also, thinksecret posted a note about tabbed
browsing in beta 62 also.

As for speed/slowdown issues with Tabs, Chimera had this problem for
quite a while when opening more than a few tabs.  It would really slow
down the GUI and give you a lot of spinning beach balls.  Hopefully
apple will have that fixed by 1.0.

In the mean time, I guess we all have to wait for apple to release the
next beta to try out the tabs.  Personally, I still like Chimera a lot
more than Safari, but I've got an open mind to switching if Safari can
offer more of the features I want.

Benn