[Ti] a Mac OS X/Windows dual booting machine

Mike Stanley macguy at guarded-inn.com
Tue Feb 25 20:26:14 PST 2003

> >> VMWare on the PC side (which outperforms VPC on the Mac by a country
> >> mile, albeit probably being easier to emulate x86 hardware on x86
> >> hardware) can do the same "magic" saved state thing as well.
>
> What ever happened to the guy who claimed he had Windows XP and Mac OS
> X running side by side on the x86 box?  I was waiting for the
> "technical details" of how it was done, as it was reported that it was
> relatively easy to accomplish by writing some "threads".

No idea - I've never heard of anyone claiming this.  Now I did see that they
built a homebrew G4 machine inside a PC-like case and installed one of those
5 1/4 bay PC's inside it and with a picture-in-picture kind of monitor
managed to have OS X and Windows XP running in the same case.

That was on The Screensavers and was pretty cool.  I wouldn't mind sticking
one of those bay PC's under the SuperDrive in my MDD 1.25 and running it off
a second monitor - but I've got a multilevel desk in my office with 6 PCs on
it already - I don't need another.