Wireless in Airports

Les Posen lesposen at optushome.com.au
Thu Feb 27 16:35:29 PST 2003

I was in Fort Lauderdale, FL Airport in later December and it had
excellent FREE Airport reception.

There is in fact an association of Airports using....Airports..well
802.11 wireless transmissions anyway...

http://www.wirelessairport.org/

Les

PS Maybe the URL should be airportairport.org?

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Victor Eijkhout wrote:
>
>> I had a long layover in the Dallas airport the other day, and was
>> pleasantly surprised that they have commercial wireless. Open your
>> browser, and you get taken to a page where you pay ($7 for unlimited
>> access, expiring at midnight) and then you're set. Mail, news, ftp,
>> everything worked.
>>
>> You probably need to write something like that.
>
> Victor - that sounds reasonable. But, I read in today's Newscan that
> Marriot plans to have Broadband access for $2.95 for the first 15
> minutes
> and 25 cents/minute thereafter. this is clearly prohibitingly
> expensive!
>
> Best,
>
> Henry
Les Posen/MEL					      Webmaster
Lposen (AIM/iChat)				Australian Psychological Society
P.O. Box 1229 						  (Victorian Branch)
St.Kilda South					       Virtual Reality Therapy
Australia 3182	  http://homepage.mac.com/lesposen/iMovieTheater1.html