[Ti] Laptop stands

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Wed Jan 1 18:51:27 PST 2003

It's made of pretty thick plastic. Feels very sturdy and solid.
You can move the stand around your desktop very easily. It's interesting how
it seems to 'slip' around.

Depending on how stiff your screen hinge is - I would recommend holding onto
the base when opening/closing the lcd. No other considerations that I can
think of. I think it is VERY hard to flip. The book, although advertised as
'light' still weighs 5.5 lbs.. More than enough to keep it all steady.

Drop into a store to check one out if you can.. I waffled on my decision for
so long, if only I had seen this in the first place.

On 1/1/03 6:34 PM, "Seymour J. Wolfson" <wolfson at wayne.edu> wrote:

>> Cyndi,
>>
>> I understand your problem. I am 6'2" and even with my chair and desk at
>> optimal height - I get neck strain when working at length on the Ti. I also
>> plug it into a 17"ASDCRT so the difference in height between the two
>> displays was always annoying.
>>
>> After reading many excellent reviews and word from fellow listee's - I went
>> for the iCurve. Especially for the height issue.
> How sturdy is the iCurve?  I move my TiPB around a lot from office to
> home etc, each day.  Do I need to be concerned about the thing
> tipping over at all or any instability?

Bill Reburn