System Preference / Retrospect Problems

Matt Henderson matt2 at makalumedia.com
Fri Jan 3 03:59:25 PST 2003

Hi All,

I've got two separate problems I was hoping someone here could help me
with:

(1) First, I'm setting up a new iMac (10.2.3) and have installed a number
of preference panes (Default Folder and MaxMenus). Neither of these are
appearing in the System Preferences. I've tried rebooting, I've tried
installing them in both user modes: all users, this user, etc. and nothing
seems to work. I've compared the permissions of the
~/Library/PreferencePanes/ directories on a machine that is working, and
they're all the same.

    Any ideas?

(2) The second problem is that Retrospect (the lastest version) is running
on another 10.2.3 machine, and is requiring the administrator password on
EVERY launch of the application, even though I've disabled this in the
preferences. This prevents automatic execution of scripts.

    It seems impossible to get support from Dantz these days, so I'm hoping
somebody here will be able to help.

Many thanks in advance!

--
Matt Henderson | matt at makalumedia.com | http://www.makalumedia.com/