[Ti] OT: Entourage with Exchange server

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Fri Jan 3 07:18:58 PST 2003

On 1/3/03 8:47 AM, "Chris Volpe" <CVolpe at beaupre.com> wrote:

> I'm aware that this is a little OT, but since the Ti is Apple's "corporate"
> laptop, perhaps someone is using MS Entourage to connect to a MS Exchange
> Server to get email in Jaguar and can help me out? I am unable to get my Ti
> (400 10.2.3) to speak to the server properly to retrieve mail in either IMAP
> or POP mode. In the past I wouldn't have even tried this, but Apple's Switch
> campaign has seduced me into believe it can be done, and the documentation
> I've seen seems to indicate that all I need to do is set up an account in
> Entourage with the Exchange server's IP address or name (tried both), add in
> my user and pw info and all should be groovy. 'Tain't so. Can anyone help,
> off list or on?

Tools>Accounts>New>POP>Then put in your Exchange server name or IP and
configs as per usual. Check mail.

You said: "..set up an account in Entourage with the Exchange server's IP
address or name (tried both)"

Can you ping the exchange server IP? Are you on the same network? Go to
shell.  Here is my example:

lorens-Computer:Loren:~> telnet 155.12.22.37 110
Trying 155.12.22.37...
Connected to trinity.aus.prodigycorp.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK Microsoft Exchange POP3 server version 5.5.2653.23 ready
quit
Connection closed by foreign host.
lorens-Computer:Loren:~>

If you can do this from your shell, Entourage will work.