Airport connection lost on sleep

Deborah Shadovitz deb at shadovitz.com
Fri Jan 3 09:58:56 PST 2003

When my Ti book (or 15" flat panel iMac with airport card) goes to
sleep, the airport connect is lost. I must go up to the airport menu
and select the network again.  Bottom line is,  airport and does not
reconnect on wake.

Under System Preferences>Network, under the Airport tab, there are 3
radio buttons to choose what will happen "after restart or wake from
sleep." I have tried each option, along with the network info added so
this can all happen automatically. Alas, nothing works.

I had this problem before and it went away, but it's been back thru
10.2.2 and now 10.2.3. Keychain repair and Permissions
fixing/replacement does not help. I also tried changing the sleep
options so they are not separate. No go.

My Seiman's 2.4 ghz phone interferes but I've moved it and am not using
it when this happens. It's not just a Ti signal strength issue because
it happens on the iMac too.

Am I alone with this issue?
Does anyone know a fix?
(Hoping) and thanks.

Hardware Details:
OS X, 10.2.3 (and happened with 10.2.2)
Ti 400 mhz, 1 gig ram
All software updates done, plenty of spare hard drive space
MacSense Aero wireless base station