[Ti] 400>500

Dave Friesen davefriesen at mac.com
Mon Jan 6 14:48:18 PST 2003

Alas, I hope it's not that simple. The party-line has always been that the chips are manufactured and tested at a certain speed. If they pass at that speed they are marked as such. If they happen to be able to be "overclocked" then so be it. I would assume that the chip in my 400 was tested at 500 and didn't pass certain criteria. Either that or they needed a certain number of "400" chips and to fill that order "500" chips were employed.

I'd love to be corrected by someone who really knows the nuances of said process.

But in the meantime I'd be careful about making blanket statements about corporate greed.

Consumer greed? I can tell you all about that... ;-)