[Ti] Happy 1 Ghz Powerbook users!

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 12:46:08 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 7, John Griffin wrote:

> This must be a world record for the time to make a product obsolete - destined for the Guiness Book of World Records!

Ben Cheng responded:

“[I]f you're actually happy with the 1Ghz, what's the big deal?  This new one is $300 more than the previous.  Just tell yourself you didn't need all that extra fluff.”

I have to agree with Ben.  I bought my Ti 800 at the end of May, 2002, and then out came the 1Ghz; however, I am very happy with my 800 and am NOT unhappy that I didn’t wait.  In fact, I had waited since I attended Macworld Expo in SF when the Ti was first introduced before buying one -- long enough!  Given the Ti problems raised by members of this list though, I am glad that I did.

However, I am so pleased with the Ti 800 that I will probably buy a new 17” after the “bugs” have been worked out.  As Bill Reburn said a few days ago: “UNLESS it is a new design. I never never buy a 1st gen Apple.”

I would go a step farther than Bill, and add that I will never never buy a first generation Apple, period.  My Ti 800 is my 5th gen Apple, and I will never forget my VERY EXPENSIVE 5300.

Finally, Paul Russell underscored the accuracy of Shawn King's earlier prediction of 12/24/02: "Apple will *not* be announcing new PowerBooks at Macworld Expo in SF this January."

Sorry Shawn!

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com