[Ti] TV as a video monitor

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Tue Jan 7 13:33:45 PST 2003

--On Tuesday, January 07, 2003 09:24 AM -0700 Ron Woodland
<woodland at infowest.com> wrote:

> IMPROTANT NOTE:  When using a TV as a monitor, if you mirror the two
> monitors (computer screen and TV), you must set the TiBook to 640 by 480
> resolution (the digital equivalent of analog NTSC television).

Usually when I plug mine it, it automatically sets to 640 x 480.
Great shortcuts to remember: <cmd>F1 toggles mirroring
                             <cmd>F2 does a "monitor detect"

If your screen isn't showing up on the TV, do a monitor detect and then
turn on mirroring with the keyboard shortcuts.

I've also found that my TiBook sometimes gets confused after unplugging the
S-video and goes into a blank screen.  Sometimes it times out and comes
back after a minute or so, sometimes not and I have to reboot. Doesn't seem
to happen with other external monitors. You may or may not observe this.

> The entertainment industry's paranoia over protecting their digital
> rights while trampling on ours has led to setting up regions throughout
> the known world.

Actually, the real reason is so that they can control release schedules and
phase them around the world. The region coding prevents widespread
cross-region purchasing or independent distribution. It might more be
considered a case of obsessive marketing control, or perhaps greed to the
more cynical.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com