[Ti] Aesthetics?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 07:28:24 PST 2003

On  Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:21:37 +0100 Marcus Raitner
<raitner at fmi.uni-passau.de> wrote:

> am I the only one who thinks that the 17" PowerBook has lost a lot of
> the appealing beauty of the Titaniums?
>
> Sure, Aluminium is cool. Especially for those of us having these paint
> issues. And it's 17", which is huge I must admit.

Anodized Aluminium. Hmmmm! Has more of the screen door caché than the simple
elegance of Titanium - or even the "aircraft grade" descriptors that Steve
Jobs was spouting ;)

> What I don't like are the proportions. Why is the keyboard so small? To
> me it looks too small in both dimensions.

I would imagine it had to be small to be as stiff as Jobs was claiming. If
it were larger, it would probably of necessity be a bit more floppy.

jg