[Ti] The most disappointing announcement.

Ron Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Wed Jan 8 08:39:06 PST 2003

I'm always amazed at the wide range of opinions that surface after Apple
  announces some new product.  In this case, I can't tell if Phillip is
serious or satirical about a 23" Powerbook.  Are you?

Further, I am always amazed that those who think so little of Apple
continue to hang around instead of "hey dude, I'm buying a Dell."  Just
as the Boxer in Simon and Garfunkle's song, who keeps threatening to
leave, and just as Alex Baldwin, who promised to leave the US if Bush
was elected president, are you guys STILL here?  I agree that it's a
free country and you can say anything you want, but it's getting a
little old.

Ron Woodland

Phillip McGree wrote:

>>The fact that the new the 802.11g cards are not compatible with the older Powerbook line is very very disappoint. I think giving that the original cards are removable you'd expect some means to work with the "g" without upgrading the powerbook. This would allow Apple to sell more Airports.
>>
>>I've seen the technical reasons for this incompatibility but I'm still disappointed there's no way to upgrade to the newer standard.
>>

> Personally, I'm utterly disgusted that Apple is still giving us these useless crap sub standard excuses for a computer!!
>
> What is this rubbish about a 17" laptop????  Such a pathetic lack of research into what customers really want.  17" is just soooooooooooooooooo 1997.
>
> Until Apple finally gets off its butt and releases a PowerBook with the same screen as the 23" Cinema Display then I just can't justify having any respect for Apple's products whatsoever.  At the rate we're going, Dell (and Wal-mart) will have a 23" laptop before Apple does!
>
> And don't even get me started on hologram technology....
>
> ;-)
>
> Ok, you lot can get back to your regular whinging... I'm done for now.
>

> Regards,
> Phil
>

> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm
> sarcasm:  witty language used to convey insults or scorn
>

> .

Ronald Woodland -- St. George, Utah  84770