[Ti] Safari Dagger

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Thu Jan 9 08:00:02 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 10:33  AM, Administrator wrote:

> I wonder how Omnigroup, Mozilla, Opera feel about new safari.
> I seems that it is kind of a slap in the face for the companies that
> worked on X browsers.

Well, I don't know how they feel about it, but I like it quite a bit.
Competition is good for us, the consumer.  This keeps the manufacturers
on their toes.  As we have seen, some companies don't like competition
and will do anything they can to keep others out.  With Apple entering
the browser field, they are going to have to compete with the others
based on the merits of their browser.  I like Safari, but I'm going to
stick with Chimera as my full time browser for now.  I'm happy Apple
didn't go with a Gecko based browser, because that would have been a
slap in the face for Mozilla and Chimera.  Just my $0.02

-Neil

-------
http://rainer3.com