Safari FIX

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Thu Jan 9 14:41:20 PST 2003

The fix is in there - sorry forgot which thread.. A member named Tooky
posted;

__________________________
Go into terminal and type:

ln -s /private/tmp /tmp

Include spaces.

Then log out an log in again.  Make sure your Admin.

Problems should be solved.

The first letter  is a lower case L like Ellen.

For some reason Safari wipes out the 'tmp" file whatever that is.

And I remember when Mac meant ease of use.
________________________

This fixed Software Update and MacJanitor for me.
(neither were working as of late - yesterday!)

On 1/9/03 2:27 PM, "John Pariseau" <simplymail at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Apple's discussions:
>
> http://discussions.info.apple.com
>
> Under the Safari Discussions.
>
> It appears some have had their users folders wiped due to Safari downloading a
> file, and
> incorrectly naming it. Don't take my word for it - go to the discussions. It
> is under the Danger
> Danger thread.
>
> I am using Safari, and have had no downloading problems *yet*.
>
> PBG4 550, 10.2.2, Safari 1.0

Bill Reburn