[Ti] Aesthetics?

John Pariseau simplymail at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 14:49:45 PST 2003

> as for aluminum, it solves the expensive and ~seemingly~ pervasive
> paint problem they've been having for 2 years now.

Well, since aluminum is recyclable, good for the environment.

> i think it may
> even look brighter when polished/handled well (compared to painted
> over titanium), and i believe it resists scratches better. (we'll see
> on that last bit, eh?)

Well, what about: Brushed Aluminum, or Sandblasted Aluminum? Those would look nice.

> personally i can't wait to see one up close,
> even though business is terrible and i ~shouldn't~ upgrade ...

Yeah, I'm going to take a look at one when they are at The Apple Store nearby. I won't buy one,
but I want to see the 12", as I have a duo, and the duo is SMALL.

> ah, but the keyboard -- i agree. on the 17" it looks puny. i think
> apple wanted to reuse the same part to save on production costs. road
> warriors are used to such small keyboards, and folks like me who also
> use their Ti (or Al) as a sole desktop replacement have an external
> keyboard.

I find, from the pictures, that it looks puny compared to the rest of the body. It may be
different when you go to use it, however.