Thoughts on Safari

coccolithophorid at earthlink.net coccolithophorid at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 22:47:23 PST 2003

After using Safari for a couple of days, I realized that I just can't
give up tabbed browsing. Although Safari may load a few percent faster
than Chimera, it doesn't matter if I have to wait for a page to load.
With Chimera, a page is usually loading while I'm still reading the
article (command click). Tabbed browsing is just to efficient to go
back to non tabbed browsing.

As for the spiffy new 17" gigahertz models, they sure are nice, but I
never find myself in a situation where I max out my 500 mHz processor
and wish I had a 1 gig processor, I just go do something in a different
app. The days of waiting for my computer to finish a task while I sit
and do nothing are long gone. If I didn't have a Powerbook at all, I
think I'd go for the one gig 15". I don't think I'd want to carry
around anything that cost over $3200.

peace,
Kevin