[Ti] Apple's market share (also "What a moron")

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 10:30:35 PST 2003

Mike Bigley remarked:

"BTW, 2.3% is absolutely bogus. When people do REAL research and analysis, Apple comes in between 9 and 12%... I realize this takes more than a 5-mnute Google search, but there is FACTUAL information out there."

My sense has been that the true figure was closer to 5 percent, but if it is as high as Mike says, then Apple should be quoting the correct figure on its "Switch" Web pages.  I believe the 2.3 percent figure is holding sway at the moment among the non-initiated, AND hurting sales.

With all due respect to those who cite the BMW, Porsche, etc. arguments for Apple, Toyota is selling great cars and doing so at a price that people can afford.  Presumably Apple is NOT tying its future to the BMW/Porsche crowd!

One possible exception: Phil McGree.  His latest from Down Under ("Phil strikes again....  the dribble continues"): "Personally, I would love to group BMW, Ferrari, Aston Martin, and Jaguar all=together...in my own bloody garage (if I had one)!"  Great, Phil, but what's a "Commodore"?

Finally, I have believed for a long time that the Mac OS should be cross-platformed, so that Windows users are not worried about that issue too when considering a "switch."  If Apple makes that change, it will eliminate another bone of contention.

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com