[Ti] Quark on Mac

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Fri Jan 10 10:26:32 PST 2003

Great post.

Coincidentally I am reading it as I am watching the installation progress
bar chug along for my new recently delivered copy of Adobe InDesign.

No profanity on the list.. But just imagine me on the back of the cruiseship
sailing off from port into the sunset - big smile, appropriate finger up.

Byebye!

On 1/10/03 10:07 AM, "coccolithophorid at earthlink.net"
<coccolithophorid at earthlink.net> wrote:

> For all the fans of Quark on the Mac platform, here's yet another
> reason to switch to something else...
> http://www.macedition.com/nmr/nmr_20021126.php
>
> Quark CEO reveals his contempt for his customers
> The CEO of Quark told a room full of customers at an executive briefing
> "that 'the Macintosh platform is shrinking,' and that 'publishing is
> dying.' He suggested that anyone dissatisfied with Quark's Mac
> commitment should 'switch to something else,' although he insisted that
> making the move to Adobe's long-Carbonized InDesign package is
> 'committing suicide.'" As Merlin wrote, "Yeah, so all you dumbasses
> that talked your boss into shitcanning PageMaker in favor of our
> hard-to-use, never-upgraded software a few years back: Psych! So long,
> suckers!" Link Discuss (via Kung-Fu Grippe)

Bill Reburn