[Ti] Apple's market share (also "What a moron")

Henry Kalir kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU
Fri Jan 10 12:32:38 PST 2003

> "BTW, 2.3% is absolutely bogus. When people do REAL research and analysis, Apple comes in between 9 and 12%... I realize this takes more than a 5-mnute Google search, but there is FACTUAL information out there."
>
> My sense has been that the true figure was closer to 5 percent, but if it is as high as Mike says, then Apple should be quoting the correct figure on its "Switch" Web pages.  I believe the 2.3 percent figure is holding sway at the moment among the non-initiated, AND hurting sales.
>
> With all due respect to those who cite the BMW, Porsche, etc. arguments for Apple, Toyota is selling great cars and doing so at a price that people can afford.  Presumably Apple is NOT tying its future to the BMW/Porsche crowd!
>
> One possible exception: Phil McGree.  His latest from Down Under ("Phil strikes again....  the dribble continues"): "Personally, I would love to group BMW, Ferrari, Aston Martin, and Jaguar all=together...in my own bloody garage (if I had one)!"  Great, Phil, but what's a "Commodore"?
>
> Finally, I have believed for a long time that the Mac OS should be cross-platformed, so that Windows users are not worried about that issue too when considering a "switch."  If Apple makes that change, it will eliminate another bone of contention.
>
> Tim Naegele

Thanks, Tim.

I think this point needs to be repeated often. Either cross-platform or
allow it somehow to be able to accept all applications as though written
for the Mac OS, or have an Apple in-house team do that...so that PC users
would feel comfortable in using the Mac OS, and NOT feel like they are
losing anything.

Apple needs ot increase its market share, and we need more Mac OS users!

Best,

Henry