[Ti] What a moron

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Fri Jan 10 12:46:32 PST 2003

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 07:30 PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List
wrote:

> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:58:09 -0500 (EST)
> From: Henry Kalir <kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] What a moron
>
> Rick, Robin, Bigley and everyone,
>
> For Apple to survive it has to have a firm base. You're looking at
> things
> from a Mac loyalist point of view, something like: "If t'aint running
> on a
> Mac - we don't need it". There are many applications which NON Mac
> users
> use - just go to ANY computer store, and see what's available for the
> PC
> and what's available for the Mac. If those programs could run on BOTH
> Mac
> and PC - OTHER people might be tempted to go with a Mac

Do not just look quickly at ANY store PC shelves and Mac shelves. You'd
be surprised how many PC programs are on hybrid PC/Mac disks. Still,
when a Mac user buys one of this product do you believe it accounts for
a Mac program sale? No way, it builds up the store PC sale figure, not
the Mac one.
Worst: the hybrid CD program boxes are NEVER!!! on the Mac section
shelves. Wonder why?
--
Massimo Marino, Ph.D.
NERSC Division - HPC Department