[Ti] Safari: mod_rendezvous

Aaron Lynch a.list at ninewire.com
Fri Jan 10 17:27:57 PST 2003

On 1/10/03 7:27 AM, cbirds mashed the following keys :

> Loren Schooley tapped out this message on 1/10/2003 10:14 AM
>
>> http://homepage.mac.com/macdomeeu/dev/current/mod_rendezvous/
>>
>> So, do I get this right, if the web server has this mod, anyone logged into
>> it can rendezvous? Nice! I'm going to set it up on our web server and check
>> it out.
>

> I don't understand the purpose of it...what is it for?

Well, for me, I can run a development server on my powerbook, and my
co-workers can see it instantly without me having to tell them the IP
address or anything.  It just shows up in safari's bookmarks.

Ichat has rendezvous too, it's cool, anybody in the building just shows up
in the buddy list.  Pretty neat technology.