[Ti] OSX Advice (long)

Chris Olson chris at astcomm.net
Sat Jan 11 21:29:00 PST 2003

RFD wrote:

> I have invested a lot of time talking to a lot of people trying to convince
> them that they don't need to understand UNIX to switch to/run OS X.  I stay
> as far away from the Terminal as I can when it comes to advice for anyone
> not comfortable with OS X's UNIX underpinnings.

Understood.  That's why I posted to link to RsyncX.  With the GUI front
end, it makes the job of creating a shell script very easy for a non
unix-oriented user, and creates a clickable icon that does the job.

Also remember that some are attracted to OS X *because* it has the unix
tools we are used to working with.  There's nothing wrong with that
either, and it doesn't hurt a non unix-oriented user to know that there
are available unix tools in OS X to do many common tasks, even if they
do not care to use them.
--
Chris Olson
Network Administrator