[Ti] barking up the wrong tree? + 2cts [was: Apple's market share]

Henry Kalir kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU
Sun Jan 12 02:40:39 PST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Eduard Hoenkamp wrote:

>     As this yarn about market share is the longest living off-topic
> discussion I have witnessed here, I wondered who the intended
> audience is. If you want to inform me how wonderful the Mac is: I
> already know that. If you want to argue with financial experts: most
> of them use the system that shall not be named. If you want to reach
> the PC world: this is the wrong newsgroup.

I want to do none of the above.

>     To show that I don't want to stem the info flow, my own two cents
> comparing Apples & Oranges: Alpha Romeo's market share is a meager
> 0.28% Something wrong with that automobile?

I wouldn't know - must be a European thing. Haven't seen any Alpha Romeos
in the USA. Have YOU?
Would you like to bring one over to the USA as your ONLY car? There are no
Alpha Romeo dealers here, no parts should it require repairs or service -
would that be a problem  for you?...

>     And keeping linux out of the discussion, while adding more and
> more oranges: any news about the proportion of users who love their
> Macs vs. the proportion of users who love their wind blows? Eduard
> PS1 December's MacAddict advises on debunking Mac myths to PC users.
> PS2 To educate the group, write to the group, to educate me, write to me.

So - basically we should all be happy that Apple's market share is not
higher...?

Best,

Henry