[Ti] Famous last words dept...

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Mon Jan 13 11:02:22 PST 2003

On 1/13/03 4:43 AM, "XXL" <xxl at mac.com> wrote:

> I recommend a 17" and a First Class seat, actually.... Hopefully your
> employer will pay for both.

Well, I am my own employer and no, I won't. :-)

> BTW Shawn gets it right far more often than he blows it.

Mostly cause I try to be positive before I shoot my mouth off.

And on this call, I was positive from a logical standpoint - Apple had
revved those machines only a few weeks before.

See, the problem is, Apple revved the TiBooks *knowing* the Aibooks
(TinBooks?) were ready and going to be announced at Macworld Expo.

The AiBooks have been in development for over a year.

The evening before the Keynote an Apple employee who works in the PB
division told me I was going to be happy with the new Powerbooks announced
at the Keynote, I just about blew a fuse.

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
Live from Macworld Expo - it's Your Mac Life!
http://www.yourmaclife.com