Big Trouble with System-HELP!

Seymour J. Wolfson wolfson at wayne.edu
Mon Jan 13 16:54:00 PST 2003

It started on Saturday when I simply tried to open the Hard drive and
the only item listed was the System Folder.  When I tried to close
the folder, it would not close.  When I tried to restart the computer
it froze, and I had to force it to restart.  After much fiddling, I
managed to use DiskWarrior to rebuild the Desktop.  That worked for a
while then the same thing happened again.
I thought it might be a virus, so I used my copy of Norton Antivirus
and it found nothing.  I then used Norton to fix any files and it did
its thing.
The TiPB seemed OK until today, when again the same thing happened.
Again I used DW to rebuild the desktop and its working again.
  It seems like something fundamental is wrong. Any idea what is going
on and how to get it to run OK?  I am running OS 9.2.2 with 512 MB of
RAM.  HELP!
--

Seymour