[Ti] 802.11g cards

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Thu Jan 16 03:34:37 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 07:28  PM, Jamie Jacobsmeyer wrote:

> I'm looking for an alternative to Airport Extreme, since Apple in its
> infinite wisdom decided not to make Extreme available in a PC card
> form factor. I have a 667 DVI. The three manufacturers I know of are
> dLink, Linksys, and NetGear. Is anyone on the list familiar with these
> cards? Any recommendations?
>
> Regards,
> Jamie Jacobsmeyer

I would email the company and see if their card is compatible  - only a
few non apple cards of 802.11b work in powerbooks, you have to have mac
drivers. of course there is a company that has beta drivers for most
802.11b cards but WEP does not work on most of them (the cards)
This is the one I'm going to get:

http://www.netgate.com/
<<<<----

AT http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net/faq.html  I do not find
drivers for their card as they say there are drivers there. The key
will be the drivers otherwise the card will be of no use.

frank farwell