Problems ejecting CDs

Stephen Eglen eglen at pcg.wustl.edu
Thu Jan 16 09:34:34 PST 2003

Hi,

My TiBook (1 Ghz, bought a couple of months ago) occasionly has
problems ejecting CDs that I've burnt on other machines.  (The drive
sounds like it is trying to eject the disc, but after a second or so,
it gives up and it appears on my desktop again.)

I noticed that others on the list have discussed this before:

> I get my finger nails into the edge of the case just below the CD slot and
> pull the case down about 1 mm then the CD will eject
> 1) fire up Disk Utility
> 2) mount the CD (select disk and choose Options->Mount)
> 3) if it appears on the desktop, try ejecting it various ways again
> Two business cards inserted a short distance in the slot, one above and one
> below the CD, can guide the CD out

The paperclip technique has been mentioned also; is this the same
technique that Apple suggest for imacs at their web site?

The drive seems to work fine at ejecting DVDs that I've been watching,
so could it just be the brand of CD (Fujifilm) that I'm using?

Thanks,
Stephen