[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Thu Jan 16 16:14:26 PST 2003

On 1/16/03 6:06 PM, "Steve Wozniak" <steve at woz.org> wrote:

> I'm surrounded by Macintosh users but I notice that I'm often in places where
> almost nobody has one. I stay happy about this by way of a lot of
> rationalization, and not wanting to be a part of what everyone else is. That
> 'specialness' is worth paying a little extra, to me.

And I think, for me, a lot of it is due to what I feel Woz and Jobs'
original vision for Apple was - To change the world.

I *like* being part of a company and a community that is, through it's
industrial and software design and through the wonderful people I have met
at Apple and in the Community, *actively* trying to make the computing
experience one of excitement, creativity, fun and "specialness", however you
define that.

It feels like it's *not* "just a business" to Apple. It feels like Apple is
trying to do the best it can in whatever it sets its mind to.

Granted, I may be just rationalizing my feelings towards Apple and the Mac
Community but if I am, don't correct me. :-)

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
Pirillo, Mossberg, Crawford!
http://www.yourmaclife.com