[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% ...coupled with the loss

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Jan 17 05:50:06 PST 2003

 From a business point of view, I repeat a quote that I quoted to an
entrepreneur this morning:
"it is cash, not accounting profit, that adds value to a company".
With $4 bn cash at the bank, Apple is in good shape.  Even in an
outstanding position.
They are well able to invest in R&D,new technology, new products,
fantastic industrial design and materials, brand strengthening,
marketing  ... and if that, combined with their vision, drive, style
does not make them into a continuing great company, I wonder what
could.

Maybe I am so optimistic because last night I watched the three
Quicktime movies about the new Powerbooks....

I still remain incredibly happy with my (2-year old model) Ti-500,
which still seems way ahead of any laptop I have seen in use, and it
still turns heads wherever I slip it out of my briefcase, open it and
start working in 1 second.   When PC users see my Virtual PC (601)
start up in 8 seconds, their mind is boggled.

Have a good weekend, from sunny Geneva

Trevor