[Ti] Aesthetics?

c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Jan 17 11:08:55 PST 2003

>> Have you seen one of them yet? Believe me, once you do, you'll forget
>> all
>> about the aesthetics of Titanium. :-)
>
> No I haven't. Actually, the longer I look at the photos the more I
> start to like the design. It was just the first impression. I think I
> was used to the proportions of my Ti. I guess that's a sign of good
> design: first you are shocked and in the end you love it.
>
> However I'm not going to buy one until they release the new 15 inch PBs
> and I'm sure this will happen soon and they will be made of Aluminium,
> too. Sounds like famous last words ;-)
The disappointment for me is that all the ports are visible - this was
something aesthetically speaking I always liked about the TiBook that it had
a flap to cover them and complete the shape properly. One thing that nobody
has mentioned that I'm aware of for the AlBook is that there look to be
larger speakers - has there been any mention about sound quality? I don't
know whether it was on this list or another, but there was a new pc laptop
(designed by Porsche I think) which claimed to have amazing sound. Not
having to purchase and lug around external speakers would be a definite
bonus. Or will the mighty AlBook continue to sound like a tinbox like it's
15" older brother?

All the best,

Colin