Late safari thoughts

c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Jan 17 11:12:43 PST 2003

Safari. Something that a couple of posters mentioned was the lack of IE's
scrapbook/archive facility - I do understand that some people don't make any
use of this at all, but from my own point of view I use the internet as a
marvellous source of information, some of which I like to be able to keep
locally and manage properly within the application which accesses it - IE
mostly does this (though why it has never integrated the site archive
functionality into the scrapbook I don't know). Safari singularly fails to
do this - I'm not sure it even saves graphics, but has to download them from
the net. Somehow Safari seems to typify a certain lack of imagination -
little about it is particularly innovative, it's just a bit faster and I'd
expect more from Apple.

All the best,

Colin.