[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

b flipper at macsrule.com
Fri Jan 17 12:18:04 PST 2003

>The SECOND Apple actually releases Mac OS X for Intel- (or AMD-) style
>processors means that they then go head-to-head with Microsoft.
>
>With Microsoft's record of doing almost anything to stop competitors, in my
>opinion that would pretty much spell the end of Apple.

Yes, maybe, but then again, what a great opportunity for IBM, AMD,
Sun, and even AOL [not to mention the other companies that would
hardly sit still and watch the R&D division of the entire PC market
go down the tubes] to line up in defense of Apple.

You know that old Arabic saying?  "My enemies enemy is my friend". MS
has enemies, that it's own policies created, all over the place. Like
wars, and market crashes, the downfall of MS could easily be
'triggered' by a seemingly insignificant event.

~flipper