[Ti] Market Share

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Fri Jan 17 15:37:21 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/17/2003 6:03:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, NaegeleWDC writes:

> Since its overall P.R. is so good, and its "switch" campaign is excellent, I can only assume that it does not have the
> facts on its side to support such a campaign effort.

I agree that this ball rightly belongs in Apple Marketing's court and said as much in an earlier post but I am curious about Tim Naegel's assertion that the current advertising campaign is "so good."  Agreed, I enjoy it too but does anyone know how effective the current campaign is?  If the two quater losses are only due to a "one time" write off then we should be able to track sales growth due to the advertising/marketing.

I have been involved with campaigns local and national and know that tracking sales are directly related to campaign effectiveness.  Anyone privy to the facts about the effectiveness of the current campaign tracked to sales?  Has anyone seen the real ratings numbers?  It makes no sense to offset the current PR problem through an ineffective campaign, if it is in fact ineffective.

MBurke