signs of a bad logic board

Eric EricDD at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 18 11:30:14 PST 2003

Hi: I am wondering what are he signs of a defective logic board. My
power adapter went dead. A local mac shop offered to lend me one until
a new one came in (it would take a few days and I am in the middle of a
project). The tech was checking out my book and told me I also needed a
new logic board b/c my battery was not charging.  Actually, my battery
is charging.  It charges when the computer is shut down, asleep and in
use. (He had told me he couldn't a see the "charging sign - the bolt).
I am under warranty so don't see why he would be trying to make this
up.   Are there any other sings of a bad logic board I might be missing
as since he has to order the new power adapter he could do the logic
board at the same time.   this is a 667 dvi bought in august. thank
you. eric

and it's an apple certified shop that has been around a while.