[Ti] PB's were in real danger of falling behind

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Sun Jan 19 09:11:36 PST 2003

Glenn L. Austin wrote on 1/19/03 8:42 AM:

> You really can't directly compare the G4 and the Pentium.

But you can directly compare results. Say by comparing real tasks that you
do with both systems. And, it isn't hard to find that a 1 GHz G4 processor
in a Mac is substantially faster than a 1 GHz Pentium processor in a Windows
machine. However, it doesn't take long to find that a 3+ GHz Pentium
outperforms a dual 1.25 GHz Mac - all other things being fairly equal.

The place where Apples outshine Windows is in ease of use, dependability,
ability to easily play with lots of other peripherals, design, etc. We are
behind in speed - I hope that changes soon, but I don't expect it.

George Reis
--
Imaging Forensics
18627 Brookhurst, PMB 324

Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and
enhancement for the law enforcement, investigative and legal communities.