[Ti] Network Ports

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sun Jan 19 12:13:35 PST 2003

David,

Is this occurring with a specific set of cables that you are using at
home/office? Or pretty much wherever you plug in? Could be a simple cable
swap for a solution?

I have noticed a wide variety of connectors having similar charcteristics to
your problem, but often find 'good ones' by mistake. Don't know if that's
the case for you though.

Also - there is a little wire inside that port that lightly snaps down over
the tab on the connector, sometimes it gets stuck or jerky. Is yours
sticking?

On 1/19/03 11:33 AM, "David Remahl" <david at ittpoi.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On my two last portables, I've had various network port troubles...I
> was wondering if you've experienced anything like it, and how you
> resolved them?
>
> 1 ------
> iBook 700 MHz, Combo
> This network port suffers from very bad connection. The white plastic
> thing that makes up the actual suspension for the RJ45 connector is
> loose.
> 2 ------
> TiBook 1GHz, SD
> On the TiBook, the problem is the reverse. Once I insert the connector,
> it is _stuck_. Even though I can (with some effort) fully push away the
> little plastic thing that is supposed hold the connector in place, I
> can't pull the connector out.
>
> / Regards, David Remahl

Bill Reburn