[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press, coupled with the loss

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Mon Jan 20 09:09:47 PST 2003

A couple of years ago, when Apple looked dead in the water, Adobe, not
surprisingly, switch most of its resources over to Windows development.
Although it has swung back from the precipice, it looks like management
policy is still Windows-heavy - although most of the code crunchers are
card-carrying Macheads. Then Adobe went very cold when Apple, fearing that
noone was going to develop a Firewire DV app, went ahead on its own with
FCP, taking a lot of business away from Premiere. Then iMovie took a bit
more business away and very likely FCP Express will take significantly
more. So I don't think that Adobe and Apple are as close as they were and I
do think that Adobe makes Mac users sweat on upgrades and bugfix releases.

Simon