[Ti] Market share

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Tue Jan 21 07:30:31 PST 2003

> <<<<I'm more and more convinced that Apple should take massive
> ($100M+/quarter) losses by flooding the market with affordable Mac
> hardware.

<SNIP>

>  then jack prices up to return to profitability.

<SNIP>

    Two problems I see. One, with a ton of losses, we will get more of the
"Apple is dying" talk," and two, jacking up prices does not make a friendly
user base.

    I also don't see Apple as bind seen as a discount computer maker. The
people going to the store with full page ads of $399 computers (even though
they usually end up paying more) are not Apple's market.

- Roger