Alex: a change in topic for a question about which I can get no answer

Martin G. Fowler fowlerhere at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 20 20:59:50 PST 2003

on 1/21/03 6:00 AM, Alex at alex at fotomotion.net wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 02:07  am, Tom Warner wrote:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/4olj
>>

> Does any one know what the bandwidth of the airport connector inside
> the Macs that take the original Airport 802.11b cards is. If the
> connector is only capable of 11Mbs then 802.11g is not possible as the
> Mac is not capable of accepting the wider 54Mbs stream. If however the
> connector is able to pass the higher bandwidth then Airport extreme
> becomes a real possibility for older Mac's
>

> Alex
> :-)

> Need help from a real person? Try.
>
> ----------

> Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
> Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

      Alex  et.al:

Please excuse this lapse in net manor, but I have a G4 question about which
I have received no answer. Part of the problem may be that I do not know how
to enter this chat. But here goes.

I have a G4 and am new to this computer world. When the machine was two
weeks old (OS 9.1 updated to 9.2) it had to go back to the factory; they
replaced the hard drive and sent back. That was one month of nothingness.
Within a couple of more weeks the machine crashed and could not be
re-started so back to the factory it went - this time for three months: a
got a new hard drive, new CD drive, new keyboard.

Well, I've been putzing around since, learning different stuff and went off
into a "location" last week to use the G4 on battery. It was 100% charged
yet kept giving itself a "vasectomy". Each time it shut down data not saved
was lost; each time I had to re-set clock & date. This went on for two hours
whether I was typing, saving, closing the lid, shutting down "properly" or
not ... blackness.

So I went home with 1/4 charge; recharged to 100% overnite; went back to
location. Same problem but this time faster and more frequently.

So I have two questions: (1.) Why does this happen; what do I do to stop it?
(2.) Shouldn't the date/clock stay current no matter; can this be a
different battery that needs replacing?"
Well actually three questions: (3.) Does anyone want this pile of fecal
matter?

Thanks for your or any e-mailers or phone callers: 952.922.0079, sincere
regards,  Martin G. Fowler.