[Ti] Market Share AND MS dropping Office for Mac

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 11:39:31 PST 2003

Henry Kalir made some very good points, and essentially reflected my beliefs:

"I'm suggesting that Apple do *something* to become versatile to the point
that PC users would have nothing to lose by buying it - since they would
be able to run all their PC stuff JUST AS WELL on the MAC, while having
the advantage of running 'killer apps' and just plain ole' enjoying the
greater ease of the Mac OS.

. . .

"If Apple does not do whatever (I'm not a programmer nor at the helm of
Apple) it takes to NOT just increase it's market share, but to enable all
PC users to use the Mac without losing anything - it will lose even more
market share, and with it - more 3rd party developers. The market is not
on an infinite increase! It has plateaued, so that now a decrease in
percentage of sales WILL mean LESS computers being sold.

Amen!  It seems simple enough, so why doesn't Apple do something about it?

Also, thanks to Jerry Krinock for his comments.  I love "instant" phone service, which I get from Apple with AppleCare, and I am probably spoiled enough that one-day responses and the like aren't "music to my ears."  But Jerry, I will check out MS's Mactopia website, the link to which appears at the top of my IE browser -- which I have seldom used before.

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com