[Ti] Dual-processor PowerBooks upcoming??

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Tue Jan 21 18:05:23 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 02:19 PM, Robin Darby wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 07:46  pm, Gary Mark wrote:
>
>> This was posted on MacOSRumors.com:
>>
>> "Yes, Virginia....the next logical step for the new aluminum 17-inch
>> Powerbook G4 is dual G4 processors. Expect such a beast to premiere
>> in the latter half of the year, with its two CPUs each running at no
>> less than 1.2GHz."
>
> That'll be hard to resist, but I'm thinking G5's will be worth the
> wait!

i don't want to pull a "shawn king", but i'll be very surprised if
Motorola does anything truly amazing as far as a G5 processor goes -
would be nice, but IBM seems like the way to go ultimately...  their
technology appears to be light years ahead of the rest.  Cray is even
using their ASIC's in the new  Super Computer....

And IBM now make the world's smallest transistors...

it'd shure be nice to have a 4 core "Power 4" 64bit chip with on-die
cache!!

---
http://www.mp3.com/lukeetyrnal  <etyrnal.studios>
etyrnal at ameritech.net   Soundtracks for Film & Commercial -
Photography - Mac in-house & phone support - Audio consultant -
Think Tank - Creative Solutions - TWÎN Personal Networking
lukeetyrnal at hotmail.com  -  1.847.528.5404 (cst)