[Ti] Combo Drive not mounting some audio CDs

Chris Reinhart creinhart at creativebubble.com
Tue Jan 21 18:12:21 PST 2003

First the Specs.  PB G4 800 Combo Drive CDR/DVD, running 10.2.3

Here's a problem I have had for some time.  Some (not all) audio cds
will not mount.  I get the "contains no readable volumes" (something
like that)....message.  I have reloaded the OS, not a clean install but
the archive and install option.  I also had the TI sent away to apple
and they replaced the combo drive.  Makes me suspect the OS, but I've
been down that road already.  Has anyone seen this.  Again this does
not happen with all CDs but it is consistent.  Meaning, if one CD does
not work once...it never works!

Any suggestions?

P.S. - I'm a new member of this community but I already can see what a
great resource this list can be...thanks

Chris Reinhart
Video Editor
creinhart at creativebubble.com

Creative Bubble