[Ti] Market Share: 2.3% -- That's NOT good press

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Tue Jan 21 20:26:17 PST 2003

>  > Safari now reports 24% of the whole internet traffic. How 2.3% market
>>  share computing platform could provide 24% of all internet traffic?
>  >

These numbers would be amazing if they can be substantiated. However,
one of the reasons why Market share numbers are misleading -- and why
"dumping cheap Macs on the market" won't work -- is that corporate
sales really skew the curve.  For example, some years ago P&G
purchased 35,000 laptops just for their sales force! However, if
there were numbers that compared home users only, I would bet that
Apple's market share is quite respectable.

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com