[Ti] Why do URL's die when wrapped?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Wed Jan 22 08:05:55 PST 2003

(The original post was from Eudora.)
===========

This is being sent from Apple's Mail. I can not see any urls as links
while creating a message in Mail in Plain Text mode. (In Eudora, a link
shows as a link while creating the message.)

In the original email to this list, I received it with only the first
line being a link and the rest being broken as is probably shown below.

http://search.ebay.com/search/
search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2F
ws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndS
ort&
query=apple

===

I've reformed it and enclosed it in the chevrons:

<http://search.ebay.com/search/
search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISA
PICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=apple>

===

This is sending it without the chevron enclosures.